Vote and be a guest at the LUX Award ceremony in Strasbourg!
It is you, the audience, who decides, together with the Members of the European Parliament, who will be the winner of the LUX Audience Award 2022. The finalists were announced at the European Film Awards in December, as of when you have been invited to rate the films on this website. Voting is open until 25 May 2022.
Vote and win one of our unique prizes!
Once the voting period has closed, we will randomly select 16 of those who took part. We will invite the first 10 people whose names are drawn randomly to join us at the LUX Award Ceremony, which will take place on Wednesday 8 June 2022 in the plenary Chamber of the European Parliament in Strasbourg. You will be guests at the announcement of the winning film, which you will attend in the visitor’s gallery in the plenary Chamber. We will guide you inside the beautiful building of the European Parliament in Strasbourg and you will have a chance to meet the directors of the films. We will cover your travel expenses from any Member State of the EU, as well as the cost of your accommodation in Strasbourg.
On top of that, thanks to our partnership with the European Film Academy, three of you will win a one-year subscription to the MUBI streaming service and a further three of you will each win a set of autographed film posters for the nominated films.
Join Europe’s biggest film jury, rate any of the LUX-nominated films and win a trip to Strasbourg!
Don´t forget to spread the word, invite your family and friends to watch the films in the cinema and tell them about the vote. You can check the timetable of screenings in the cinemas in your country here.
The aim of the LUX Audience Award is to bring the European audience closer to the directors and European filmmakers. The LUX Audience Award promotes European cinematography and helps audiences to discover European films, making them accessible to the wider public. The European Parliament, in collaboration with the European Film Academy and in partnership with the European Commission and Europa Cinemas, invites the European public to take part in selecting the winner of the LUX Audience Award 2022.
Terms and conditions of the LUX Audience award competition
By entering the LUX Audience Award competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
The European Parliament is organising a competition for the participants who voted in the LUX Audience Awards to offer 10 of them the opportunity to visit the European Parliament and attend the LUX Award Ceremony on 8 June 2022 (subject to change according to the public health measures in place at the time). Winners will be given a guided tour around the European Parliament building in Strasbourg and the opportunity to explore the cultural richness of the city of Strasbourg. Further prizes are three one-year subscriptions to the MUBI streaming service and three sets of autographed film posters for the nominated films.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- Entry is open to everyone who voted in the LUX Audience Award, who is at least 18 years of age and is a citizen of or resident in a Member State of the European Union at the time of the award decision. The winners selected to watch the LUX Award Ceremony in Strasbourg will be required to provide a departure address within the European Union (excluding outermost regions and overseas territories) for the trip to Strasbourg.
- Any participant in the vote who does not fulfil the above conditions cannot be awarded a prize.
HOW TO ENTER AND PARTICIPATE
- The competition (‘Watch and vote’ period) commenced on 12 December 2021 and concludes on 25 May 2022 at midnight CET.
- Entrants need to have rated at least one of the films nominated for the 2022 LUX Audience Awards.
- Any entrant not complying with the above requirements will not be taken into account in the selection process.
There will be one prize draw and 16 winners. The first ten winners will receive as a prize return tickets to Strasbourg, with visits to the European Parliament’s seat in Strasbourg and the opportunity to attend the LUX Award Ceremony. The following three winners will each receive a one-year subscription to the MUBI streaming service, and the following three winners will each receive a set of autographed film posters for the nominated films.
- For the winners who are selected to attend the LUX Award Ceremony in Strasbourg, the prize includes:
- two overnight stays from 7-9 June 2022;
- a return flight or train tickets (depending on the address given by the winners) in order to reach Strasbourg from the city of the address provided at the time of the award decision and to travel back to the city of the address provided at the time of the award decision;
- c) a visit to the European Parliament premises in Strasbourg and the opportunity to attend the plenary sitting of 8 June 2022;
- a visit to the visitors’ gallery at the time of the LUX Award Ceremony;
- recommendations for a cultural visit to the city of Strasbourg.
- By accepting the prize, the winners selected to attend the LUX Award Ceremony in Strasbourg agree to:
- participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities related to the publicity for the competition. In particular, they agree to be photographed and filmed by the European Parliament. To this end, winners will be required to sign a model release form for the use of their image rights without a right to remuneration.
- when entering the European Parliament premises in Strasbourg, comply with all security and public health rules and measures.
- Prizes cannot be transferred to any another person or redeemed for cash. Each travel pass will be issued in the name of the winner and cannot be transferred to another person under any circumstances. The name on the travel pass cannot be changed.
- For the winners who are selected to attend the LUX Award Ceremony in Strasbourg, the prize includes:
SELECTION OF THE WINNERS
- The 16 winners will be selected from the total pool of eligible entries. The selection will be carried out by means of drawing lots, using a digital tool, on 26 May 2022.
- Every participant who has entered the competition during its validity period, has rated at least one film and has registered all of the details required on the website in order to vote will be eligible.
- The preliminary winners will be notified via email on 26 May 2022, sent to the email address they gave when voting. Entrants need to confirm their participation by 31 May 2022.
- When confirming their participation in the trip to Strasbourg via email, the winners have to give the following information for the purposes of organising their travel and hotel bookings:
- passport number;
- birth date;
- nationality and country of residence;
- city of departure for organising the round trip.
- Any preliminary winner who does not fulfil the conditions set out in point 2.1 will not be awarded a prize and their place will be reassigned by means of drawing lots.
- The European Parliament reserves the right to modify or cancel the competition or any of the arrangements, schedules, plans or other items directly or indirectly related to the contest, without prior notice to participants and at any time and for any reason if deemed necessary.
- Other than in cases of wilful misconduct or serious negligence on its part, the European Parliament may not be held liable for the damage the winner incurs in the event that the competition is delayed, cancelled, or interrupted either in part or in its entirety.
- The European Parliament will under no circumstances whatsoever, irrespective of the cause thereof, be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury to the winner, to property or to anything else caused or suffered in connection with this contest or any prize(s) awarded in connection herewith.
- The entrants bear the sole liability in the event of claims relating to their activities carried out in the framework of the contest, for example concerning the infringement of third parties’ rights.
- Winners agree to indemnify and to hold the European Parliament, its personnel and agents, exempt from any third party claims for loss, damage, prejudice, liability or expense suffered as a result of, or in any manner in connection with, the winner’s acts or omissions.
- If, for unforeseen reasons, the prize cannot be offered in the format set out in these terms and conditions, another prize of similar value will be offered by the organiser. Winner(s) will be given the option to accept or decline the alternative prize.
For any information, please contact the organisers using the following email address: email@example.com . It is mandatory to include the following words in the subject line: ‘LUX Audience Award Competition’.
In the event that the trip is cancelled due to unforeseeable exceptional situations or events beyond the winner’s control and not attributable to error or negligence on their part, a new trip may be awarded at the sole discretion of the European Parliament. The European Parliament will assess each individual situation on a case-by-case basis.
WITHDRAWAL AND CANCELLATION
- If a winning entrant does not accept the prize, for whatever reasons, before the European Parliament has booked the means of transport and the accommodation, their place will be reassigned by means of drawing lots. Winning entrants are invited to confirm their acceptance of the prize within one week of being notified, in accordance with point 5.3.
- If a winning entrant cancels the trip after the European Parliament has booked the means of transport and the accommodation, their prize will be withdrawn. The booking of the means of transport and of the accommodation is non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
Personal data submitted when voting are treated in accordance with the privacy statement on the LUX Audience Award website.
The personal data provided via email for the travel and hotel bookings in accordance with point 5.4 will be erased in August 2022.
The legal relations between the entrants and the European Parliament will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of the European Union, complemented, where necessary, by the substantive laws of Belgium. In the event of any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the subject matter hereof that cannot be settled amicably, it will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the General Court of Justice of the European Union insofar as any such dispute, controversy or claim relates to or involves the liabilities of the European Parliament.